🛠 Signal cheatsheet
Majorcord resources for this tool
TL;DR: Why we use this tool
✅ The makers of this product cannot read communication sent using this product (Sources: 2). Competing products (such as Slack and email) are not designed to give this benefit.
✅ This company has a good stance on privacy. The European Commission trusts Signal to safely transact their communications (Sources: 3). Statistics Canada also uses Signal for internal communications (Sources: 4).
✅ Business and client information sent using his product cannot be accessed by anyone who does not have either the sender's or receiver's Signal app unlocked and physically in their hand. Competing products (such as Slack and email) are not designed to give this benefit.
This product checks all our boxes!
Extra ways we get value from this tool
- Signal notifies you if your contact may be impersonated.
- This company provides a transparency report.
How to get support
To resolve issues using Signal, follow these steps.
- Search for your issue on: https://whispersystems.discoursehosting.net/
- Then check: https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Desktop/issues
- Also, search: https://support.signal.org/hc/en-us
Still no dice? Create a support request here: https://support.signal.org/hc/en-us/requests/new. Remember, you are likely to resolve your issue faster by first following the steps above. The support request option is meant for undocumented issues.