- This is a Step-by-Step Instruction. Learn about Types.
- This Instruction is part of the Backups Layer. Learn about Layers.
- This Instruction will help you setup a Minimum Grade of security and ease. Learn about Grades.
As you follow this Instruction, use the Table of Contents in the hamburger menu from the top right to navigate quickly.
To successfully complete this Instruction, you'll need
- A desktop, running either macOS (10.10 and above) or Windows 64-bit (7, 8, 8.1 and 10), and
- A modern and updated browser running on that desktop.
By the end of this Instruction, you'll have:
A copy of all your emails from your Gmail inbox.
Click through to each an explainer for each word in the Glossary.
Let's get started
1. Navigate to Google Takeout
Google's export feature is called Takeout. You use it through its own page: https://takeout.google.com/. If not already logged into your Google account, the page will first confirm you're you, by having you log in.